Search Engine

Custom Search

Monday, September 27, 2010

Haying

Every summer we went to visit my aunt's house, but my mother would say "earn your keep".  My uncle would wake us up at 5 am to have breakfast and than off to feed the cows.  The dairy cows were far more work than the beef cows.  After  getting them into the barn and feeding them, the milking began.  Luckily for us that he had machines, although there was the one cow which needed milked by hand.  The barn would then need to be cleaned, and trust me all those cow's make quite the mess.  Now while it's still cool, the tractor and trailer are off to the field that's been mowed and baled.  We would put the youngest kid on the tractor to drive, and the rest of us kids would be on the trailer stacking or in the field throwing up the 50 or 90 lb. bales.  It's 11 am and time to head in for lunch.  The day has just began.  I'll finish this story tomarrow.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you -- I am always looking for farm things, particularly farm elements. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like hard work! Thank you for this part of your fun kit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Kit(s) post on Sep. 28, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete