Saturday, March 13, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Download Going Nutty Paper and Going Nutty Elements. You should be able to use any of the other nature kits with this one, since it is fairly neutral. This is the guy, along with his friends, that dismantled the cushion on my glider last summer. I never did get a picture of him with his cheeks stuffed full. The neighbors feed them peanuts and they did all their homebuilding from my cushion. I guess this neighborhood is like one stop shopping for the squirrels.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Download the Natural Kit.
This is shown exactly as I did the layout. It's only 2 papers and 2 elements. The log and fungus is really large making it also a little large in memory. I was extracting fungus and really like this one as photographed. The top paper is in greyscale, so if you would like another color, just add a new layer and fill with a color, and adjust the layer style (probably overlay or hard light). If you would like to use other elements from other kits, I'm sure you can find something that would match. I think the fastest way to fill the frame is with the skills you already have.
- Select your magic wand tool and click on the black in the frame.
- Click Edit>cut.
- Click Edit> paste. Now line this back into the area it was cut from.
- Add you photo into the layer above and click Layer> Group with previous. Turn your photo to a similar angle as the frame, so that it is lined up properly.
I did this for all three frames, added some text and was finished.
Another way to fill the frames is...
- Select your magic eraser tool and click on the black in the frame.
- Postion your photo in the layer below the frame, on a similar angle.
- Now you will need to erase all of the photo that extends beyond the white of the frame. And you are finished.
Rememeber to always have fun.
Monday, March 8, 2010
I received a note from Sandy of Sandycrea designs,
she has made these Quick pages from the Mouse House kit. Thinking that I never make the pages for you, maybe you'd like the ease of having a few pages already finished.